Cannabis as a whole and its CBD counterpart are gaining more ground in the world. It is indeed a beautiful thing to see. This is so because of the need for therapeutic alternatives from natural sources, rather than their synthetic counterparts.
One of the most popular cannabis forms is cannabis oil. In this article, we will touch on the meaning of cannabis oil and how to prepare it in the confines of your home is given ample appraisal.
What is cannabis oil?
Cannabis has over 150 active components in it. Some of which are healthy and can be consumed. That is why cannabis is healthy enough to be eaten.
However, cannabis oil is the most versatile form of cannabis, gotten by infusing any part of cannabis into the oil. Be it coconut oil, olive oil, or vegetable oil, cannabis can be infused in it.
Homemade recipe for preparing cannabis oil
Several recipes can be used to prepare cannabis oil. Some more difficult to execute than the others, but still no need to fret.
For beginners and those of us who can hardly find our way around the kitchen, here is an easy way out. Written below is a relatively easy recipe that anyone can execute. Learn more!
The tools required for this recipe are within reach. The tools include; a grinder, non-stick pan or ordinary saucepan, and sieve or strainer or cheesecloth.
1 cup of cannabis (or more, depending on the quantity you want)
One and a half cup of oil (coconut, olive, or vegetable oil)
Directions to follow
- The part of the cannabis plant (leaves or flower) that you decide to use should be ground. Grind it until its particles are small enough to not pass through the strainer.
- To the saucepan, add the oil and the grounded cannabis. Put the pan on low heat and allow to cook for 3-4 hr max.
- Stir occasionally and add water if necessary to prevent it from sticking to the pan.
- Notice the bubbles as it cooks and turn off the heat when it stops bubbling.
- Allow mixture to cool for some minutes and then sieve with your strainer/cheesecloth/sieve. Note: do not squeeze your cheesecloth as it increases the concentration of the cannabis in the oil.
- Pour sieved content in a sealed bottle, and store in a cool dry place.
Precautions for storage
Homemade cannabis oil can last for 2-3 months if properly preserved and stored. To keep your product in the best condition, store it in a glass or silicone air-tight container. For prolonged shelf life keep the container in a refrigerator.
The rays of sunlight react badly with some components of cannabis. Hence, you should keep the product out of contact with direct sunlight. Also, keep out of the reach of children.
If you can follow the recipe in this article, preparing your cannabis oil will be no problem. But if you can’t go through the hassle of the process, make sure to buy reliable products. For more information, visit: http://www.milehighbrewfest.com/safe-order-take-outs-pandemic/